How to remove a team email address so it can be used for a user account

I created a team with my work email address back in 2013. Then a change occurred wherein you couldn't log in as a team anymore and had to login as a user. That was fine because my user account, which was a member of said team, was using a personal email address.

Fast forward to 2016. We now use both Bitbucket and JIRA at work (the latter a recent addition). My Atlassian account for JIRA is my work email address. Now that Atlassian accounts are being consolidated, I want to use just one account for both Bitbucket and JIRA, plus I want to have commits to Bitbucket resolve cases in JIRA.

But, I find that I CANNOT add my work email address as a member to the Bitbucket team, because my work email address is still associated with the team. And of course I can't delete it, because you can't administrate team email addresses in Bitbucket anymore.

How do I remove the team email address so that I can use it as a user?

1 answer

Well, the answer is: I contacted Bitbucket support and they removed the team email address for me. Ta-da!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 12, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use any Atlassian products for your personal projects?

After spinning my wheels trying to get organized enough to write a book for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) I took my affinity for Atlassian products from my work life and decided to tr...

26,403 views 26 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you