Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to give access rights only to the Issues section?

NeptuneX October 16, 2017

I maintain my source code on bit bucket. I want to give access to only the issues area of my repository so that instead of using some other 3rd party solution they can create bugs and log issues directly in the repository. however I do not want them to access my code and other things in the repository. 

How can I give them only access to my issues area and not given them any access to the other areas of the repository?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2017

Hi Suheyl, you can configure that from the repository settings page (https://bitbucket.org/<username>/<repo>/admin/issues). When you click on Issue tracker you'll see this:

Track your project's feature requests, bug reports, and other project management tasks. For a private tracker, a user's access to the code repository also applies to the tracker. For a public tracker, anyone can view/create/comment on issues even if the code repository is private.

So you can have a private repo with a public wiki. You just need to click on the Public issue tracker option, you can also choose to allow anonymous users to submit issues.

Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 13.34.39.png

Hope that helps!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events