Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to force pipelines to download latest docker image from docker hub

worldsayshi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 10, 2018

So I'm using a docker image https://hub.docker.com/r/studiointeract/node-base/ to build and test my project. I just added testing using chimp to the pipeline configuration. To make this work I added chimp to the  docker image. Now I rerun the pipeline script (with the rerun button) but I still get an error that chimp is not installed. This is fixed in the `latest` docker image.

How can I clear the cached docker version used in the pipeline so that the latest version can be used?

1 answer

1 vote
davina
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2018

Hi @worldsayshi

If you haven't already, I recommend debugging this locally with docker first before trying it in Pipelines - just to make sure chimp is actually installed. You can find instructions on how to do that here.

If that's all good, check if you are using docker layer caching as described here. If so, you can delete this cache via the UI - follow the screenshot on this page under "When does a cache get cleared?"

If not, I recommend adding tags to your docker image, so that you can directly reference a specific version. That way when you update your image, you can update the version number specified in the bitbucket-pipelines.yml configuration, which will refresh the cache. This is generally good practice.

Hope this helps!

Davina

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events