Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to filter branches by user?

Wes Souza March 16, 2021

As a user on a repository shared with a lot of other developers, I'd like to be able to filter branches by user, especially to keep track of my own branches.

How can I achieve that?

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2021

Hi @Wes Souza and welcome to the community.

I'd like to ask for clarification: when you say 'filter branches by user', do you mean by user who created the branch? Or filter branches where this user has pushed commits?

I'm afraid that it is not possible to apply this sort of filtering at the moment.

We have a feature request to add the branch creator in the Branches page:

If this is what you're looking for, I would suggest to add your vote in that feature request (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features. You are more than welcome to leave any feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here and any updates will be posted in the feature request.

If every user is working on their own branch only, the workaround I can think of at the moment would be to add a prefix or suffix in the branch name with e.g. the name of the user. This way, you could use the search box in the Branches page and search for that specific prefix or suffix.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Wes Souza March 17, 2021

I would like to be able to filter branches by which user opened the branch.

As a reference, GitHub has a "Yours" tab:

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 5.10.56 PM.png

The rationale is to be able to see all branches I have, in case I need to clean up some of the stale ones.

The feature request you showed mentions showing the branch author, which is already implemented on BitBucket.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events