cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy single file using codedeploy

bijoyc
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 21, 2019

Hi,

I am new to bitbucket and the concept of pipeline to CI/CD. I was wondering if it is possible to specify the pipeline to upload the file that was updated.

E.g  From my project if I update index.html page, i just want to deploy this file to AWS using codedeploy. Right now my pipeline is uploading the entire repository. Can you please suggest me an example of how my code can be updated to push file that is changed/updated?

following is my yml file:

bit buck code.png

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Zhukov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2019

Hi @bijoyc . The pipe users S3 to publish CodeDeploy application revisions. The way CodeDeploy works with this type of application revisions storage, is that you have to provide an archive bundle with the entire sources code for your application. So it basically the only option is to upload the entire application, not the changed files only.Here is a reference to the official CodeDeploy docs  https://docs.aws.amazon.com/codedeploy/latest/userguide/application-revisions.html?shortFooter=true. You might be able to achieve something by playing around with the app spec file, but I highly doubt that updating only a single file is possible. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events