Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete Bitbucket cloud license from my.atlassian page?

Deleted user July 7, 2020

I want to delete my atlassian account and bitbucket account associated with it. But when I go to Manage Profile of atlassian account and delete account from Account preferences, It says-

"Your account can't be deleted because:

• This account is related to active accounts that are set to AUTO-RENEW
  • This account is the primary billing contact for one or more products.
  • This account is a technical contact for one or more products.
  • To continue deleting this account the account owner needs to visit my.atlassian.com and designate a different user as a billing and technical contact."

So, anybody tell me How to delete Bitbucket cloud license from my.atlassian page?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2020

Your account is named as the owner of one or more Cloud products and is hence not deletable (because it would be illegal to remove the owner of something that's currently active)

You will need to identify each product you are named on and either

• Remove yourself as a contact for it (note that if you are the only contact, you must name someone else before you can remove yourself)
  • Cancel the subscription for the product, so there is nothing to remain responsible for paying for

You should be able to do this from my.atlassian.com - the default landing page after login is the list of products you are tied to.

Deleted user July 7, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-Hey Nic, actually I'm not getting a way to delete my license subscription(it's free license, since I'm not a premium member)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2020

Under the subscription/licence details, there is a "cancel" option.

Deleted user October 14, 2020

I do not see any link to subscription/license details and no "cancel" button.

Like # people like this
davewizard December 3, 2021

You can't delete the subscription. You can only change it to the free plan. So, delete your repos, downgrade to free, and simply never access it again. Seems to be the closest you can get to cancelling the subscription.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events