How to customize the standard bitbucket server dashboard?

nimpla June 13, 2018

I have installed Bitbucket Server. I want to customize my dashboard like in Bitbucket cloud, that I can see have an overview of my repositories or my work. Is this possible?

Thanks & Regards,

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2018

Hi @nimpla,

Bitbucket Server provides a personal dashboard that contains your recent changes to the source code, the pull request created by you and that you are reviewing and a list of the most recently viewed repository as well as a search box to look for the other ones.

This dashboard cannot be customized, but it would be interesting to know which information would help there? What are "my repositories" exactly?

Cheers,

Caterina - Atlassian

nimpla June 16, 2018

Hey @Caterina Curti,

Thanks for your response. I mean something like the dashboard of Bitbucket Cloud where you can see "Your Work".

Greetings,

Nils

Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2018

Hey @nimpla,

When I check the Bitbucket Cloud dashboard, there are two type of content in the "Your work" section:

Your pull requests This is available in Bitbucket Server but is split into "Reviewing", "Created by you", "Recently closed"

Repositories This is a list of repositories I've access to. In Bitbucket Server this is split into "RECENTLY VIEWED" and a search box to search for other repositories. 

Is there anything else that I'm missing? I'm also trying to understand if this is about missing/not available content or layout/usability of the available options.

Cheers,

Caterina - Atlassian

nimpla June 16, 2018

Hey @Caterina Curti,

It's more about usability and design. So if I cannot customize it it's not a problem only a wish.

Greetings,

Nils

JoAMoS July 29, 2019

If I could customize it I would add a couple of things:

• So some sort of widget that you can configure to show activity across the server, ie: new branches, new commits, ... and this could be configured to only track specific repos or all repos
  • Rather than recently viewed I would like a recently updated repo widget
Jeff Quaintance October 31, 2019

I would love to be able to customize my dashboard and provide:

• the ability to star projects/show commonly viewed projects, not just recent repos.. 
  • quick view of my open PRs and approvals.

yes i know i can navigate to this but if i'm going to have a landing page dashboard, being able to add widgets and pin projects/repos etc to it seems like the logical next step.

Like ab18gu likes this
ab18gu December 17, 2020

I also want a customizable dashboard

0 votes
amousa68 January 12, 2022

Hello everyone,  
I have same question but it is not related to the bitbucket server it is with bitbucket.org the cloud service.  I am using the cloud service and I created personal and private repos and I can see all my personal repositories under "Your Work". While I was looking at repo only read-only view but I did not pull request or requested to watch, or review. Only reviewing the setup of the repo. Suddenly when I refreshed my "Your Work" not sure why I am seeing the repository that I was just looking at.  I am trying to remove it form my "Your Work" and not able to find how to do it.  Can you suggest how to go about it?  

Thanks,

Ayman

How to customize the standard bitbucket server dashboard?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events