How to change Bitbucket email

Jillian Bellovary January 2, 2018

I used Bitbucket a long time ago, and need to again.  My login and default email are my old (defunct) address.  I've gone to the Settings and updated it to the new one, which is reflected there.  But emails related to my new Bitbucket project still go to my old address.  Since some part of the settings thinks I've changed the address, I don't know how to change it for real.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2018

Hi Jillian! I've checked your email address (the address you're using to submit this post) and I could see that it's the secondary email for a Bitbucket account, but not the primary. Emails and notifications will only be sent to the primary one. To fix this, you need to remove the secondary email address and then navigate to your avatar > Bitbucket Settings > Account settings and click on Atlassian account, that's where you can change your email address.

I've also seen that your account is curently in the Academic plan, keep in mind that if you change your email address, it will lose the academic privileges (as they're granted based on the email address) and go back to the free plan. 

Let us know if you have any questions!

Best regards,

Ana

Jillian Bellovary January 4, 2018

I have tried this. When I follow your instructions, my email account is *already* the one I prefer, not the old one.  But, various important emails still go to the old account.  (however my notification of your response did go to the new proper one.)

I'm still an academic, I moved from one institute to another (very common).  I hope I can keep the free plan.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events