Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I restrict creating tags to specific users?

Merlin Dienst November 9, 2022

I feel like the documentation is outdated and there are bugs.

First I tried to follow this information

However, this is not possible to use anymore. If you try to ad "refs/tags/**" to the branch restrictions, it says "Consecutive wildcard characters are not allowed" (even though they have special features according to branch permission patterns????

If you use single-asterisks (like "refs/tags/*"), or no asterisks at all ("refs/tags/"), the creation of tags still is not restricted.

firefox_ICqNQHrrXh.png

1 answer

1 vote
Mark C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2022

Hi @Merlin Dienst,

Welcome to the community

I can see the documentation is actually referring to Bitbucket Server.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to restrict tags at the moment in Bitbucket Cloud.
We do have an existing feature request for it that can be located through this link. - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-10967
You can upvote and watch it for now so that you'll be notified of any updates from our team when the feature becomes available on Bitbucket Cloud.
Please do note that we don't have an exact ETA for the feature request as all new features will be implemented according to our policy here.

Right now, we only support branch restrictions and you can check the documentation here. - Use branch permissions

Regards,
Mark C

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events