Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable atlassian gmail login?

Graham Wideman October 28, 2019

I somehow went down that path that configures atlassian (bitbucket) to log in using gmail authorization (ie: login to atlassian if the browser is logged in to gmail).

What settings do I need to change to stop this, and instead have atlassian only permit login using explicit email address and explicit password?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 vote
Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2019

Hello @Graham Wideman,

Thanks for reaching out.

You need to login to id.atlassian.com and navigate to Manage profile → Security section (direct link). Unless your domain is managed by Google, you'll be able to set your password there.

Another way is to logout from your Atlassian account, then use the recovery form.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Daniil

Graham Wideman October 29, 2019

I did not ask how to set or reset my password.

I asked how to dissociate my account from google authorization so that the account would permit ONLY username/password login.

In case it is not clear, my current username and password works fine, and does not need changing. 

Like # people like this
Bartley_H
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 14, 2020

I would also like an answer to this question please!

Oksana Andreis November 24, 2021

The way to disassociate your account is to have you sent the recovery link.

It worked for me so far 

Kind Regards,

Zachary Beschler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 24, 2023

@Graham Wideman,

After setting a password as @Daniil Penkin suggests (this is important to do first), you actually manage this via your Google account:

1. Log into your Google account, and go to Security settings: https://myaccount.google.com/security
  2. Scroll down to the section: Your connections to third-party apps & services
  3. Click on Atlassian, and click: Delete all connections you have with Atlassian
  4. Afterwards, I recommend verifying that you can still log into your Atlassian account using the password you created first.

Hope this helps!

Like # people like this
Graham Wideman May 21, 2024

@Zachary Beschler  Wow! How did I not discover this area of google settings before!

Thanks for pointing out this feature, and posting the correct answer to my original question, that apparently even "Atlassian Team" didn't understand.

Over three and a half years since my original request, but nonetheless your post was still valuable. Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events