Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a repository in a different workspace?

Chris Beaman August 15, 2020

A friend invited me as an admin to his workspace. But when I go to create a repository, I'm only given the option to create the repository in my workspace. How do I select a different workspace? The workspace dropdown menu doesn't show his workspace as an option.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2020

Hi Chris, welcome to the Community!

It sounds like he might not have selected the right permissions. Depending on what he's choosing he might be granting you admin access to the repositories within a workspace, or admin access to the whole workspace.

With admin access to a repository you'll be able to do everything a repository owner can do: change repository settings, update user permissions, and delete the repository. This will not grant you permissions for the workspace itself.

In your case, seems like you need permissions for the workspace. Please  check with your colleague if he chose the right ones, he can find them at:

https://bitbucket.org/<workspaceID>/workspace/settings/groups

(remember to replace <workspaceID> by the actual ID pf the workspace). 

To be able to create repos in his workspace, you'll need at least the 'Create repositories' permissions enabled, see this picture for reference:

Screenshot 2020-08-17 at 14.04.48.png

Hope that helps you, Chris! Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

Ana 

Chris Beaman August 17, 2020

Thanks, although, FYI—this isn't intuitive to me. It doesn't make sense to me that this functionality would be hidden inside User Groups. However, I have now done this and am all set. Thank you.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2020

Hi again Chris, I'm glad I could help you sort this out :) 

I personally agree with you that this is not very intuitive, that's why I submitted this Feature request to try and make the workspace settings more intuitive. 

Feel free to add any comments, vote for it, or watch it to receive future updates.

Have a good day!

Ana

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events