Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we allow all users the ability to create an issue?

brian April 3, 2023

For years we've allowed any user to create an issue on our bitbucket.

As of a few days ago, users are reporting that they no longer can create issues, and instead they see a page that reads:

We can't let you see this page
To access this page, you may need to log in with another account. You can also return to the previous page or go back to your dashboard.

So, while they can see the list of issues, they cannot create an issue themselves.

Does anyone know of the settings required to allow this functionality again?

2 answers

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2023

Hello @brian   ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I went ahead and created an internal support ticket using the email of your community account so we can look into this issue. You should be receiving an email soon with the ticket link, but in case you don't receive it, please let me know so I can share the ticket link here.

Thank you,  @brian !

Patrik S

brian April 10, 2023

Thanks. Looks like I never received it. Please share when you can.

brian April 10, 2023

Also, @Patrik S , while I wait for the ticket link, do you know if a bitbucket paid solution would provide some kind of permission granularity that the free account doesn't have, that would make it so anyone could post an issue?

Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2023

Hello @brian ,

You can access the ticket using this link. Please make sure you are logged in with the same email you have used to comment on this question, otherwise, you will not be able to see the ticket.

As for your other question, the Bitbucket subscriptions (Standard or Premium) offers the same permission granularity as a Free account with regards to the Issue tracker.

Thank you, @brian !

Patrik S

0 votes
Rakete April 3, 2023

I don't think this is something you can control. It is an issue with bitbucket. I asked about it a while ago: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/I-can-t-create-any-issues/qaq-p/2305123

The problem disappeared after some time, but it is back again. Several people are experiencing the problem in the project I linked in my question.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events