Hook on pull request creation

The question:

Is it possible to create an arbitrary action that executes when a pull request gets created?

The use case:

I would like to create a Jenkins job, based on a standard set of rules, each time a pull request is created in a Stash repository.  I can use Jenkins polling to watch the branch from there and keep building on commits.  Also, I can use a merge request check plugin to approve or deny the merge based on the Jenkins build status.  Finally, I can clean up leftover jobs from merged pull requests using some yet-to-be-determined process.

The easiest way to implement this would probably be to write a third service that uses APIs of both applications to handle this asynchronously (with the notable exception of the merge request check).  I would like to avoid creating a separate entity, and so I am left with the question above.

If I'm barking up the wrong tree and someone has a suggestion for a better implementation, I'm all ears.  I'm still in the early stages here and haven't committed to any particular method.

Thanks

-adam

1 answer

1 accepted

You need to write a plugin that listens to the PullRequestOpenedEvent. For the Jenkins part, you can use the Jenkins webhook for inspiration.

Thanks for the quick response! Is there a concise list of events that can be listened for that I missed somewhere in the documentation?

(At the top at direct/indirect subclasses/)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

661 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot