Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Getting Access denied when cloning a GIT Repository, even though able to login thru browser

I have a Atlassian account and am able to access Bit Bucket through the atlassian account from a browser. However when i try cloning an repository using Webstorm/Terminal or Sourcetree, I get an error stating Invalid Credential. The error message is 

The requested URL returned error: 403'

Not sure what is happening.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Caroline R Atlassian Team Dec 16, 2021

Hi, @Paul Swarnapandian! Welcome to the community! 

I noticed that your Bitbucket account was created last month. In this case, could you please confirm if you are using your regular password or an App password to authenticate?

The reason I'm asking this is that we announced in June that we are phasing out the use of user login passwords for REST APIs and git over HTTPS. 

We recently announced the first phase of this, where any user with an Atlassian account created on or after UTC 00:00 on 13 September 2021 must use a Bitbucket Cloud generated App Password for all git operations over HTTPS and for REST API authentication.

In this case, could you please try to use an App password and confirm if this works? 

If you have any problems using or configuring an app password, please do let me know and I will be happy to assist you. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Hello Caroline, 

Thanks for the response. Yes, my colleague guided me and I created the app password and it worked well for me. 

Thanks for your response, have a nice weekend and holiday season. 

Caroline R Atlassian Team Dec 17, 2021

Hi, Paul! 

Thanks for your confirmation, I'm glad to know everything is working as expected now! 

Have a great weekend and holiday season too! 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events