GC overhead limit exceeded error

I recently got the following warning on my repository

This repository reached the 2 GB limit, restricting it to read-only access.

I then followed the instruction given here to reduce my repository size and restore write access.

I ran the following commands in my corresponding local git repo (which was up-to-date with this one) and ran:

git reset --hard <commit-SHA>

git push --force origin master

The first command executed correctly and took me to a commit which I had successfully pushed before, and which was under the 2 GB limit. But the second command gives me the error:

remote: abort: repository is in read only mode (over 2 GB size limit). Learn how to reduce your repository size: https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/xgMvEw.
fatal: unable to access 'https://shinvu@bitbucket.org/checkoutpirates_rishabh/tasks.git/': The requested URL returned error: 403

If I can't force push the reduced repository back, how am I to resolve this issue?

Could someone help me resolve this issue, please?

It is very urgent for me...this is part of a recruitment test which I have to complete tomorrow.

2 answers

0 vote

You need to contact the support team to get this resolved.

Yeah, I did that.

For some reason I thought this is where we contact support. Was really sleepy...never mind.

0 vote

Hi Rishabh, I just realised this is a duplicate for your other Community question. Please follow up with us in the other thread if you need further assistance.

Cheers :)

Ana

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

2,006 views 1 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you