Sometimes I am facing problem on pushing and pulling code using terminal.
Please explain correct way how to push and pull code. if you have tutorial on Pushing please provide me. Please explain step by step I am in MAC environment
I am following this way to push and pull code from master
1) Go to current project directory using command cd. <Current project directory >
2) Always do changes in Branch then Create new branch before you start work
3 ) Check we are in which branch git branch
Create branch for modification. git checkout -b <NEW_BRANCH_NAME>
4) <Open project and start changes on XCODE >
5) Adding new files with this command. git add .
6) Commit changes with this command git commit -am “Add comments to understandable easily”
7) Move to master with this command git checkout master
8) Pull code from master with this command git pull
(Condition: we will get update code from master otherwise it show Already up to date)
9) Move to branch with this command git checkout <My_current_branch>
Here we are getting two condition
9.a) we got some update code from master then move to branch , merge and push the code
9.b) Merge with master with this command git merge master
9.c) Push our code to branch with command git push -u origin <My_current_branch>
9.a) we did not get update code from master. Our data is Already up to date move to branch and push
9.b) Push our code to branch Git push -u origin <My_current_branch>
Hello! My name is Mark Askew and I am a Premier Support Engineer for products Bitbucket Server/Data Center, Fisheye & Crucible. Today, I want to bring the discussion that Jennifer, Matt, and ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs