Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable automerge not visible

Karthikeyan Balasubramanian January 7, 2021

Hi Team,

In my bitbucket enable auto merge is not visible. Not sure what I did wrongScreen Shot 2021-01-07 at 2.58.31 PM.png

1 answer

1 vote
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2021

Hi @Karthikeyan Balasubramanian  and welcome to the community!

The option Enable automatic merging is available in the Branching model page for Bitbucket Server repositories (in a self-hosted instance).

From your screenshots, it looks that this is the Branching model page of a Bitbucket Cloud repository instead. Could you please confirm if this is the case?

In Bitbucket Cloud there is no such option in the Branching model page of the repositories.

There is a feature for auto-merging when builds pass, which is useful if you have merge checks (for at least X successful builds) as a requirement for merging PRs.

In order to be able to use this, you will need to first enable the Labs feature Pending merges from Labs

Afterwards, you'll need to enable this for each branch that you wish to automatically merge from Repository Settings -> Branch Permissions -> Edit/Add branch permission -> Allow automatic merge when builds pass

You can read more about how this feature works in the following blog post:

If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Karthikeyan Balasubramanian January 9, 2021

Thanks.

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Deleted user February 17, 2022

"In Bitbucket Cloud there is no such option in the Branching model page of the repositories."

Why not :D

I don't think the "Pending merges" feature provides the desired functionality. Our intention with the automatic merge was to provide hotfixes to every development stage to ensure not beeing bothered by already fixed bugs.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2022

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the feedback!

We have a feature request about this in our issue tracker:

Since you'd be interested in this feature, I would suggest adding your vote in the feature request (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps our development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features. You are more than welcome to leave any feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here and any updates will be posted in the feature request.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user February 21, 2022

Hi Theodora,

then I'll have my void heard.

Thank you for pointing this out.

with kind regards,

Martin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders