Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how to cancel an active Bitbucket cloud evaluation subscription?

Deleted user June 8, 2023

Screenshot_20230609-080848.png

I signed up as a test, and I don't belong to any big organisation, just someone learning things that hard way. I realised Bitbucket is not designed for newbie developers, who have tiny projects and just want a place for people to have a quick gander, and maybe offer a scathing review or two.

Anyway, I can't delete my Atlassian account because of this auto-renew subscription, even though it's free, I think. I kinda stuffed up and created a second account trying to transfer ownership across so I could delete this account. At any rate, I wanted to have zero accounts, instead I have two, which is double the amount of accounts I wanted.

Therein lies the problem. When I click manage subscriptions, it takes me to my Bitbucket settings but there is no option there to manage a subscription for Bitbucket cloud. I have already cancelled the Jira subscription, but there is not an option anywhere to cancel this subscription.

I reached out to support who had decent advice but even there advice couldn't seem to cancel this subscription, which I'm worried will keep renewing this preventing me from ever truly leaving Atlassian, which kinda feels like I'm the Renfield to Atlassian's Count Dracula. My Jira subscription says it will lapse on Jun 30th 2023, so should I wait til then and try cancelling, or try and cancel this Bitbucket first, then delete my Atlassian account in full on the 30th?

1 answer

0 votes
Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 11, 2023

G'day Dave!

It's best to delete your Bitbucket Cloud workspace from Workspace Settings > Delete Workspace.

Once deleted, you will need to wait 30 days for the full data deletion to occur, upon this - if you do not have any other active accounts - you can delete your Atlassian Account.

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events