Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Residency of Bitbucket

Patrick Roos April 12, 2021

Hi there

Where is the data residency of Bitbucket Cloud?

Is there sth. planned to set the data residency of a specific Bitbucket Cloud workspace to the EU area?

Thanks for your help.

Regards, Patrick

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2021

Hi Patrick,

Bitbucket cloud infrastructure is hosted with NTT in the US at the Ashburn, VA and Santa Clara, CA locations.

We are considering expanding to other locations, like EU, and giving users the ability to select hosting location, but I'm afraid we don't have an ETA.

There is a ticket for this in our issue tracker:

I would suggest that you add your vote in that ticket (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features. You are more than welcome to leave any feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Patrick Roos April 12, 2021

Hi @badpanda13 

Thanks for your answer. I'll vote for the issue :-)

Regards, Patrick

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
0 votes
Pilar Lopez Gracia July 20, 2022

Hi,

all the instance of bitbucket are stored in US? We have an instance of bitbucket cloud premium in Europe and we are wondering where the data is allocated. 

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events