cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating branch based off tag

Larry Shatzer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2014

I am looking at a tag in Stash, and when I go to create a branch (selecting "Create branch from here" on the action button next to the tag/branch selector).

In the branch creation screen it then defaults the branch source as master. When I do it from a branch, it will select the branch as the source.

I also can't find a way to enter the tag name into the branch source field.

I had to manually create the branch from a cloned repository, and push the branch.

Is there a way in the stash UI to create a branch based off a tag?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
OmarA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2014

Hi Larry,

Currently this feature in Stash is still evolving, as you said here, it is only possible to create branch off the an existing branch. I have raised this feature request (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-4257) regarding this request, please feel free to watch.

Regards,

Omar

Larry Shatzer
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2014

Thanks! I've watched the request and voted for it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events