cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearcase to bitbucket Migration

Dnyaneshwar Borase
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 13, 2022

Hi team,

We are planning to do ClearCase to bitbucket Migration in our migration. So can you please guide us how we can procced and follow the steps?

I have gone through various document, but I haven't got proper step which we need to follow for this migration

Your guidance is really appriciated.

Regards,

Dnyaneshwar

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2022

Hello, @Dnyaneshwar Borase 

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Since ClearCases is a different version control system, you will need to first migrate from Clear Case to Git. 

Once you have your ClearCase migrated to git repositories, you can then push these repositories to your Bitbucket Cloud workspace.

I found the following links that might help you in the first step of migrating from ClearCase to Git

I hope that helps! Let me know in case you have any questions.

Thank you, @Dnyaneshwar Borase .

Patrik S

Dnyaneshwar Borase
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 26, 2022

Hi Patrik S

Thanks for the reply. 

I gone through shared links but not getting clear steps which, we need to follow for the migration.

I would like to know exact steps for migrating Clear case latest VOB in Git

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Dnyaneshwar

Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 28, 2022

Hello @Dnyaneshwar Borase ,

I'm afraid we currently don't have specific Atlassian documentation related to migrating from ClearCase to Git, as ClearCase is a proprietary format.

Also, it doesn’t seem to exist a tool to fully migrate from ClearCase to Git.

From what I could find on the internet, the migration from ClearCase to Git is not that straightforward, so I'm not sure you will find an exact step-by-step guide.

I would suggest checking the articles I previously shared and understanding how they would apply to your use case. I also found this one that might be of help : 

Thank you, @Dnyaneshwar Borase .

Kind regards,

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events