Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot login to bitbucket org

Nenad May 10, 2022

I have weird behavior on login. My presumptions:

• i did have old account
  • recently I received invite to workspace and clicked link
  • on page instead of login with old username I went on account signup (where I noticed my username I usually use already exist so I took another one) and went through the singnup process with my email/password
  • somewhere in the process I also clicked login with "Google account" and after click I cannot login. Error is page "We couldn't log you in" (no error code)
  • tried to clean cache, cookies, incognito browser mode and nothing help
  • after logging to Atlassian support, tried to open page bitbucket.org and I thought I resolved the problem but I'm getting clear page and username/password (basic authentication dialog like popup keeps opening) - when I hit cancel, I see the page, but when I try to see repositories link or anything about the account icon (right top corner) it's asking me to login again and gets me back to "Can't you login error page"

bitbucket error 2022-05-11 080859.jpg

On another browser, from login screen on submit button gets me back to root URL (Chrome incognito mode)?!?

I would appreciate help. I did entered with registering different account, but initial account I want to use is stuck in limb.

Would appreciate any help, tnx.

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2022

Hi Nenad and welcome to community!

Does this concern the Bitbucket Cloud account that has the same email as your community account (the one you used to post this question)?

If so, this Bitbucket account was inactive/dormant. I went ahead and reactivated, so you should be able to log in now. Please feel free to let me know how it goes.

In case the issue concerns a Bitbucket Cloud account with a different email, are you able to log in to https://community.atlassian.com/ with that email and leave a comment here, so I can check that account in our system?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Nenad May 11, 2022

Thank you Theodora.. now it's working.

Cheers,

N.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2022

That's good to hear and you are very welcome!

Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
November 29, 2022

Hi everyone,

If you came across this question because you are facing the same error, we want to ensure you get help. We ask that you please create a new question through https://community.atlassian.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/bitbucket-questions

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Maged Makled November 28, 2022

Hello, I'm having the same exact issue, please help

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
November 29, 2022

Hi @Maged Makled,

I'll reply to the question you posted.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Karim Semmoud August 26, 2022

Hello,

I have the exact same error when I try to login to bitbucket.org with my atlassian account. 

I can however to login to this Community with the same account.

Could you please help me

Regards

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
August 26, 2022

Hi Karim,

Of course, your Bitbucket Cloud account was set to inactive as well, so I went ahead and reactivated it. You should be able to log in without issues now, please feel free to let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events