Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you access Bitbucket via a linux terminal?

James Malgieri May 25, 2021

Note: I am new to supporting Bitbucket.   

My company has a Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket Server installed on Windows.

A customer who wants to use Confluence and Bitbucket attached his Git Repository to Confluence so we could access it. When I looked at the attachment is was a file of type .tar.gz - which was my 1st clue that something was not right.

I just received an email from the customer who asked/stated  "We have issue of accessing Bitbucket via Linux terminal. Do you know the requirement to access Bitbucket server via Linux terminal?"

My question: Can you access Bitbucket server on a Windows instance via a Linux terminal?

Thanks,

Jim

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2021

Do you have ssh set up on the Windows server? You would need that in order to access it from a Linux terminal. Also not that Bitbucket is a web application, and only admins should access the server directly. There is an app that gives you a CLI interface, Bitbucket Command Line Interface (CLI), but it mainly from admin tasks.

What is your customer trying to do? Are they maintaining your Bitbucket server, or are they trying to deliver code to a repository maintained in Bitbucket? If it is the latter all they would need is the repository URL and use normal Git commands. 

James Malgieri May 25, 2021

Mikael,

Thank you for your reply.  I'll see if we can turn on SSH.

The customer is " trying to deliver code to a repository maintained in Bitbucket", So I'll follow your instruction on getting the repos into Bitbucket.

Thanks Again,

Jim

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events