Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can users without a Stash/Bitbucket account view Source tab content on Jira ticket?

Esther Strom June 6, 2017

We have a large Jira user base, but only a small percentage of those users (developers and QA engineers) also have Stash/Bitbucket licenses. We now have a request from our BA's and project managers to be able to have insight into pull requests, merges, etc. This has been okayed by management, but at the same time, they don't want to pay for Stash licenses for all of our project management teams.

When a PM or BA looks at a ticket, they see the Source tab, but there's no content. When a developer looks at the same ticket, they see all of the pull requests and merges, which link directly into Stash.

Is there a way to make that content visible to someone without a Stash license? 

We're running hosted instances, not cloud, and are on Jira 7.1 and Bitbucket 4.4.1.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2017

Hi Esther,

The users should only need the license if they click on something within the development tab because at that point it will open into Bitbucket/Stash. 

The developer group is one that is local to JIRA so you can add the PM and BA to that group and it should not affect the licensing for Stash/Bitbucket.

Cheers,

Branden

Esther Strom June 6, 2017

Thanks, Branden. I'm not referring to the Development widget at the right of the screen, but the Source tab at the bottom (where comments are.) See attached screenshot.

source_tab.png

We actually use the developer group for other permissions and custom workflows as well. Is there a specific permission needed to view the Source tab?

To further clarify, when I mouse over the Source tab, this is the URL I get:

https://jira.oursite.com/browse/PH-13998?page=com.atlassian.jirafisheyeplugin:fisheye-issuepanel

However, we do not have a Fisheye server set up; we only use Stash/Bitbucket. When I look at application integrations, it very clearly shows that there is no Fisheye setup. So I'm not sure how it's working for those of us it does work for, but we need to keep it working, and in addition allow other users to see it.

fisheye.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events