Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive invitation email

Alex Ravary September 15, 2021

Hi!

I can't seem to be able to get an invitation email from Bitbucket to my email address.  Not sure if I'm on a bounce list, as I've seen mentioned in other places.

<email address edited out by Atlassian Support>

Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2021

Hi @Alex Ravary ,

I see that your email provider is Outlook on the backend - we're currently experiencing an issue with deliveries to Microsoft's mail services, documented on our Statuspage. Further details will be provided on Statuspage when the incident is resolved. Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Alex Ravary September 16, 2021

Looks like the issue is resolved.  I'm getting the emails.  Thanks a lot and have a great day!

Like Daniel Eads likes this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2021

Hi @Daniel Eads sorry for asking you here directly, I see lot of emails from users having free plan that they don't receive email invites (probably due to bounce list) . How do we as community members can help such users? because it seems only Atlassian Team have access to check such issues. What process do you suggest to bring such issues to Atlassian Team's attention.

Like Alex Ravary likes this
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2021

Hey @Kishan Sharma , that is correct - Atlassian Support needs to resolve this issue. We do regularly check the Community for such issues. It is possible for Free users to open support tickets for this problem with "my account" as the issue, however I'd typically advise letting Atlassian Support staff handle this particular issue directly as it will usually result in a faster response time.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2021

Great, thank you @Daniel Eads for the suggestion and confirming about the same. :)

Matt Shields November 12, 2021

@Daniel Eads when clicking on the Open Support Tickets, it just makes you ask the community. The company I work for chooses the plan that we have, but it's unfortunate that I am unable to get more support on technical issues. I am also having trouble with our customer not receiving the email invitations due to getting blocked at their firewall.

I opened a ticket, but if it doesn't get helped, is there another way I can get more support?

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
November 15, 2021

Hi @Matt Shields ,

I see you asked a new question here on Community and my teammate Angélica has answered it. Taking a peek at your site in reference to getting support - you would need to be added as a Site Admin on your current site, or have one of the two existing Site Admins open a support case on your behalf. While your site is eligible for support, only Site Admins can create issues through the support portal. Everyone is eligible to create questions here on Community however - user or admin alike.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Like Matt Shields likes this
Jorge Schenke L. December 2, 2021

Hi @Daniel Eads I'm having a similar issue here, my email just wont recieve any repository invitation. my email address is <edited out by Atlassian Support>, is there anything to be done?.

Thanks in advance,

Jorge

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
December 3, 2021

Hi @Jorge Schenke L. , your email address was indeed on the bounce list. Google's mail servers returned this error earlier today:

550 5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or unnecessary spaces.

I do see that the email address you listed matches what you've used here on Community. This error occasionally returns from Google-powered domains if the mailbox was recently created or re-enabled. Before having the repository invitation resent, I would suggest using a service such as ismyemailworking.com to confirm that emails are delivering correctly.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events