Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add my ssh public key id_rsa.pub to bitbucket

TerrenceRao April 25, 2022

After I did that. there is a error tips:

Someone has already added that key as an access key to a repository.

And I don't know the reason and details.

thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2022

Hi, @TerrenceRao, thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community. 

As we will need to know the public ssh key to further investigate this case, I have created an internal ticket for you using the email of your community account, so you don't have to share this information here. 

You should have received an email with a link to the support ticket. Just in case you haven't received it, please feel free to let me know and I can post the ticket URL here. The ticket will be visible only to you and Atlassian staff, no one else can view its contents even if they have the URL.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Caroline

0 votes
Rob van der Lee April 25, 2022

Bitbucket only allows for the SSH pub keys to occur once. They have to be unique. This means that it is highly likely that this key has been added to another account. 

Most people run into this when trying to add their work/personal/deploy key to the opposite or multiple accounts. It is best practice to create seperate keys for those accounts.

However, there is not enough information in your post to help you further. The problem you describe has been posted before though. A quick search through the forums gave me some of the following results:

I hope these will help you solve your problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events