Can i build, test and depoly multiple repo of bitbucket in single pipeline ?

jhaparth November 6, 2017

I want  to  build ,test and deploy multiple project as in single Project's pipeline as i want to test end to end flow .

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Geoff Crain
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2017

Hi Parth,

As Pipelines is repository-centric, we don't support this natively. Though there are a couple of setups you could use, depending on your use case.

The first is if you have dependent repositories. So if you have two things you release independently of each other, but you don't want to release if you've broken an integration point between them.

For this I'd suggest having your Repo #1 pipeline clone Repo #2 and then you can do your E2E testing there. (if both can potentially break the integration, you'd want to do the equivalent in both repositories). For details on how to set up cloning via SSH: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/use-ssh-keys-in-bitbucket-pipelines-847452940.html.

The second is if the repositories need to be built and deployed together. 

In this case you could use sub repositories, and have your pipeline run on the combined repository.

Hopefully this helps.

Cheers,

Geoff

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events