Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I turn off this message "Insufficient branch permissions"?

Justin Shapiro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2015

This new message in Stash 4.0 is confusing to my users and seems redundant since there is no merge button displayed.  My upgrade has been online for less than an hour and I've already had three panicked users at my desk.

4 answers

0 votes
Justin Shapiro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2015

Yes, it's still an issue. I'll do that. Thanks.

0 votes
Roger Barnes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 25, 2015

Hi Justin, I just wanted to check on this. Is it still an issue for you? It seems unlikely that you'd get a branch permissions error if there are not set in the repository settings. If it's still a source of pain, I'd suggest raising a ticket at support.atlassian.com with a "Support Zip" so we can help diagnose.

0 votes
Justin Shapiro
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 12, 2015

This is a merge check failure message. It appears if a user does not have write access to the target repository in a pull request. When such a user views the pull request, usually the author of the pr or a developer tapped to approve the pr, they are greeted with a yellow banner message that informs them that there is an issue with the pr and it can't be merged. Upon clicking the included link for more information they are shown the insufficient branch permissions. Aside from the fact that this is a new message, it doesn't make sense as we do not even use granular branch permissions.

0 votes
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2015

Hi Justin, could you be more specific as to where your users are seeing this message and under what circumstances?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events