Can I set a group a as default reviewer for a pull request?

Each team in our company has multiple repositories and the option to specify a list of default reviewers for each repository is not very handy and causes a lot of work if we get a new team member or if we lose one.

So is it possible to set a group as default reviewer for a pull request?

2 answers

2 votes

You can do this with ScriptRunner for Bitbucket Server and easily apply it to multiple repositories out of the box.

Please also see the documentation here on how to add groups as default reviewers, its really simple to achieve what you want. You can also optionally add these reviewers based on a condition, for example changed files in a pull request contains CSS or JavaScript changes:

pathsMatch('regex:.*\\.css$|.*\\.js$')

There is also an option to add mandatory reviewers or groups to a pull request which can not be removed by the user if you want to enforce such reviewers.

Let me know if you need any further details regarding the product.

Hope this helps,
Adam 

There is also the workzone add-on which lets you add default reviewers and groups by branch or branch-pattern via an intuitive UI. Mandatory reviewers are also supported. 

The repository reviewer configuration can be used to control the pull request merge process as well - if that's part of your workflow.

Let me know if you have any questions...

Cheers Ulrich

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 06, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use Bitbucket Cloud and Jira Cloud? If so, let us know!

Hi Community, I'm Julia and I'm on the Jira Software Cloud marketing team!  We're looking for companies or teams using Bitbucket Cloud and Jira Software Cloud. If your team fits the t...

128 views 6 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you