Bitbucket server does not remember me

Henrik Gerdtsson January 18, 2021

I just installed Bitbucket 7.6.2. After the installation the Remember me function does not work. The check box is checked but if I am away for a while I need to log in again. Never happened before.

Am I missing some setting or is it a known problem?

Henrik

1 answer

1 vote
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2021

Hi @Henrik Gerdtsson ,

Please clean install Bitbucket in your system!

If your issue still exists contact HERE

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Henrik Gerdtsson January 27, 2021

I see now that my question should have some more details. I upgraded from 5.9.1, not just an install. So in this case what would a clean install mean? Is it enough to run the installer again or duo I need to delete some files?

Br
Henrik

Like Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM likes this
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2021

Hi @Henrik Gerdtsson ,

If you don't have any problem uninstalling & re-install bitbucket then I will recommend you to do it!

Sometimes few old settings & configurations cause issues so if you clean install then it gets ok.

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Like Hina Khan likes this
Henrik Gerdtsson January 28, 2021

For a uninstall ity is enough to delete the bitbucket installation directory and keep the bitbucket-home. I know some settings are stored in bitbucket-home.

I am working with upgrading Bitbucket at our company. The problem I see is on the test server. I am not interested in loosing the bitbucket-home directory.

Br
Henrik

Like Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM likes this
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2021

Hi @Henrik Gerdtsson ,

You can also contact Atlassian Team HERE

They will solve your issue within 24 hours. (If the issue is from the Atlassians side)

I'll recommend you to contact them at least once before doing anything.

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Like Hina Khan likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events