Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Bitbucket pull request (new experience) - create task is missing

Hi. I've switched to new pull request experience introduced by bitbucket.

When adding comment - I cannot create task(s) anymore - "Create task" button is missing.
Please, advise.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @Eugene Pavliy,

You can find the tasks as well as create new tasks in the right sidebar in the new PR experience:

Monosnap 2019-12-24 10-56-44.png

The reason for making them visually separate from comments was mainly to avoid the antipattern of requiring to add a comment to create a task which was a thing in the old PR experience. As far as I know, the option to reintroduce task creation to the comments is being considered at the moment. However I'm pretty sure task list will continue to reside in the sidebar anyway.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Daniil

@Daniil Penkinthanks. It was hard to notice this section, cause list of files in PR is usually long and it hides tasks section under scrolling.

Also as I can see - now it's possible to create task without comment. Before it was not possible.

Like Daniil Penkin likes this

Tasks need a way to be linked to code (at least having the option for this)

Like Keerthana Kolandasamy likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Powering DevOps with Bitbucket Server & Data Center

Hi everyone, The Cloud team recently announced 12 new DevOps features that help developers ship better code, faster   ! While we’re all excited about the new improvements to Bitbucket ...

1,914 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you