Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket plugin license questions

cloudmanager135 July 18, 2022

Hello.

Our Bitbucket license expired on January 31, 2022.

I want to use the updated Bitbucket Plugin in June 2022, Can't I use it?

The Bitbucket version is compatible with plugin.

There is a Bitbucket plug-in that I want to apply inside.

But I would be sad if i can't apply it for the above reasons.

Can I know if it's possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesCo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 18, 2022

Hello @cloudmanager135  - welcome to the community!

Bitbucket server app licensing is implemented so that you can use _any_ app version that was released before or on the date your Bitbucket server license expires. 

Unfortunately you can't use an app version that was released after the date your Bitbucket server license expired. However you should be able to create a trial license for the app.

Hope that helps.

Ulrich

Izymes // Eliminating boring from work

cloudmanager135 July 18, 2022

Thanks for response! @Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesCo_ 

I can use the plugin of trial license, but I can't use the plugin of commercial license until update expired license. Is it true?

I'm so sad to hear that... Thanks!

Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesCo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 20, 2022

Please allow me to rephrase:

1. If your Bitbucket server licence expired 31/Jan you can't upgrade to a version of Bitbucket that was released after 31/Jan

2. The same applies for plugin license. If your plugin license expired in June 22 you cannot use a version of the plugin that was released after June 22

I need to correct myself on what I said before: the app release date only matters w.r.t. the app license, not the Bitbucket license expiry date.

So in your case you can run a Bitbucket version released before 31/Jan/22 and run the app (if compatible with the Bitbucket version) on a version that's been released in or before Jun/22 if you have a commercial license valid till June 22

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events