Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket login form asks 2 step code but it's disabled in settings, why?

viktor_aksionov June 18, 2020

In my account settings 2 step auth is disabled, but when i login with email and password on next step form asks me a code from 2 step auth. Also i tried to use recovery code and it was not accepted. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
marvin_collins June 20, 2020

Login to your account if you can and enable and disable 2 step auth once again. If you are not able to login, request a recovery link.

viktor_aksionov June 20, 2020

Already did it - it did not help.

Initially when I could not login using 2 step auth I requested a recovery link. After a day I received  an email with a link which allowed me to change password. With that I went to https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/security/two-step-verification and disabled 2 step auth, but bitbucket login form(after entering email and password) asked me to provide 2 step auth code. I went back to Two-step verification page and enabled it and added to my phone using Google Authenticator. After that I tried to login again, when login form asked me to provide 2 step auth code - i entered it, but it did not accept it. I tried few times but no luck, then I tried to use emergency recovery key and again, it did not work. I start to believe that there is out of sync between Atlassian login service and bitbucket.

viktor_aksionov June 20, 2020

It was resolved. As I thought it was out of sync. 2 step auth in Atlassian and Bitbucket are different services. 

See attached photos. One I got first time - it disabled Atlassian 2 step auth. When it did not work I requested again recovery link(need to wait a day), so then I was transferred to bitbucket website. You can even see different content of text which I received by email(I removed my email address from one screenshot)Screenshot from 2020-06-20 23-22-37_.pngScreenshot from 2020-06-20 23-20-38.png)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events