Bitbucket license renew

Dustin McIntire March 23, 2020

This is a bit of a no brainer but I purchased a bitbucket license renewal and I can't figure out how to get the new key to be used within my bitbucket server application.  There is no place to paste the new key and I've already used the "Renew your license" option which gets me to purchase another license.  However, that still doesn't register that license with my server application.  How do I update this?

The following link seems to imply I should be able to paste a key value:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/updating-your-bitbucket-server-license-details-785318611.html

But below shows I don't have that option.

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 8.22.33 PM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Barry Allen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2020

Hi Dustin McIntire,

If you can't see "Edit license" button, visit /admin/license?edit directly in Browser address bar.

for example your server is running in localhost and port is 7990 then visit http://localhost:7990/admin/license?edit this page to edit.

Still you can't edit, please download and install latest bitbucket server.

Dustin McIntire March 26, 2020

Thanks Barry. Your suggestion got me pointed in the right direction. When I tried the URL I ended up getting a permission denied error.  I then went back to the user settings and realized I was logged in as an admin but not a system admin account.  Apparently basic admin can view the keys but not change them.  Anyway, once I logged in as the system admin the box to change the key was there which fixed this issue.

Perhaps adding something to the license renewal banner should also tell me to do this as the system admin would be useful.  Otherwise when I select that renewal link and update the licenses they don't get loaded back onto my server without manually logging out/in as system admin and cut and pasting them later...

Thanks for again getting me straightened out!

Like Barry Allen likes this
0 votes
Barry Allen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2020

Hi Dustin McIntire,
any luck?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events