Bitbucket integration to CodeDeploy S3 Bucket

Dear gurus!

Web Version control is something new and I am trying to learn so don't be hard on me if I sound silly :) Unfortiunately, I created a website without considering bitbucket and codedeploy first.

I have the source files in my ec2 instance /var/www/html/ where I installed git and cloned into a bitbucket repository. 

I created an appspec.yml in my Bitbucket repository (master branch) similar to the instructions below:

https://aws.amazon.com//blogs/apn/announcing-atlassian-bitbucket-support-for-aws-codedeploy/

I have also created S3 bucket and seems successfully integrated into my Bitbucket. It is still empty even after the integration.

This is the confusing part for me:

Why do I need the S3 bucket for? I already have the source files in my ec2 instance so anything I approve via bitbucket should directly update the files in the web server.

If the S3 bucket serves as another gateway between changes in bitbucket and the web server then how can I transfer the files from the web server into the S3 bucket? I tried to create appspec.yml in /var/www/html and push into S3 bucket but I get the error: Failed to upload "." to <s3 bucket>: Unable to locate credentials.

Using pipeline is another story which I plan to create another thread. It keep failing my builds with error PDOException driver not found (I installed composer on both my ec2 instance and local computer).

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 06, 2018 in Bitbucket

Upgrade Best Practices

Hello! My name is Mark Askew and I am a Premier Support Engineer for products Bitbucket Server/Data Center, Fisheye & Crucible. Today, I want to bring the discussion that Jennifer, Matt, and ...

212 views 3 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you