Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Wikis Mermaid support ?

benoit June 7, 2019

We recently had to switch from Gitlab to Bitbucket, and so transferred a wiki along with our project code base.

We used [Mermaid](https://mermaidjs.github.io/) extensively to  produce schemas of our project internal processes, and after the transfer the schemas markdown do not seem interpreted properly.

I saw there is a [Mermaid Confluence Plugin](https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214124/mermaid-plugin-for-confluence?hosting=server&tab=overview), but is there a way to get this support into our Bitbucket wiki ?

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

8 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2019

Hello,

Thanks for switching over from Gitlab to Bitbucket and providing feedback on the Bitbucket wiki. Currently, Bitbucket Cloud only supports Markdown (CommonMark). Further information on the markdown may be found at Markdown syntax guide.

The good news is there is a feature request already created to support Mermaid within Bitbucket cloud. You may find this request at Please implement Mermaid markdown live preview. We would suggest voting and watching this request to receive future updates for its status.

While this is not a solution, I hope the information proves helpful and the feature request assists with ensuring your feedback gets to the right place.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

benoit June 10, 2019

Thanks for the information. Bad news for us for now but hope it will come soon.

Like # people like this
lohen_florent October 1, 2019

Omg why your Markdown support is so limited so weak compared to Gitlab, Github ... Yet your service is paying, we would have hoped a extended markdown syntax support.

Like # people like this
Bryen_Sinkkanen March 10, 2020

Stephen, thank you for pointing us in the right direction to express interest in escalating the priority of adding this much used feature to your product.

Like # people like this
cabrol May 6, 2021

Any update on that aspect ? Support for MErmaid would be very much welcomed.

Like # people like this
GillesPhan July 15, 2021

Hi,

There are more than 250 upvote on this jira.
Did you plan to implement it?

Thanks.

Giacomo Parmigiani November 11, 2021

updates?

J. Longman November 11, 2021

Oh, the plugin in the marketplace is broken because Atlassian (now?) requires a REST API endpoint for `installed` and `uninstalled`.   The marketplace plugin is served from the static bitbucket.io pages so there's no REST API to hit.

I implemented a CDK stack in AWS which basically creates a dumb endpoint for the installation to hit and blammo it works for us.  I also updated the version of the mermaid js library.  

At this point it's running internally so I can't make the endpoint/product nor the code public.  (I will see about at least open-sourcing this if I ever have some time..)

Miguel Costa January 5, 2022

unlucky you that you had to change from gitlab to bitbucket... anyway to late to regret it and now your stuck with this.
as always with Atlassian never expect them to deliver any feature request

Like # people like this
Joel Webb June 20, 2022

Any updates on this @Stephen Sifers

This is greatly needed for us as well. GitHub handles this natively.

Like # people like this
Marko Jozic January 22, 2023

the request was closed for completely irrational reasons .. srsly adding mermaid support into your Markdown-renderer shouldnt be that hard 

Like # people like this
2 votes
Giacomo Parmigiani March 22, 2022
1 vote
Laurent LE-NOC February 18, 2022

you can try chome plugins -> markdown-diagrams

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events