Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Server service in Azure

David Patiño May 6, 2019

Hello,

We're going to renew our expired Bitbucket license this week, however first of all we've a question about it, because we've our server deployed in Azure and we've just seen that Azure now offers Bitbucket Data Center as a service. Is it possible to use it as Bitbucket Server instance or not? Do you have service/maintenance support in Azure now?

Thanks a lot.

Kind Regards,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Justin Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2019

Hi @David Patiño ,

Bitbucket Data Center is available on the Azure marketplace; it's not an Azure service. You are responsible for running and maintaining Bitbucket. Your Bitbucket support requests will continue to come to Atlassian; Azure/Microsoft will not provide any support for Bitbucket.

Since you already have Bitbucket deployed on Azure, I don't think marketplace adds a lot of value for you. The templates used by the marketplace deployment is available here. You can have a look at it to understand the deployment and adopt best practices. Further information regarding Azure deployment could be found here. Please let me know if you need additional information.

Cheers,

Justin

Bitbucket developer

David Patiño May 10, 2019

Hi @Justin Thomas ,

Thanks for your answer, in that case I'll continue using my own server in Azure and renewed the Atlassian support.

Thanks a lot.

Kind Regards,

Manohar October 11, 2022

Hello Justin,

We have Bitbucket on prem server and i would like to intergrate Terraform to deploy resources for Azure cloud.

Could you guide and suggest best practies.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events