Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BitBucket pull request new commit email notifications often report the wrong author

David Karr June 22, 2020

This isn't a question, but a bug report.

We use BitBucket Server v6.10.2.

When developers create a pull request, upload a new commit, write a comment, or other various actions in a pull request, BitBucket sends email to the participants of the pull request.

These emails come with an indication of the author of the pull request, with some other basic information about the notification.

I particularly notice that when the email is to report a new commit on the pull request, the indicated "author" of the pull request is not the person who pushed the new commit. In fact, it's often the case that the reported author didn't push any of the commits on the PR.

I use BitBucket Server in a very large enterprise, and I am only a user of the product, not an administrator.  We have a team of people who administer the service in our enterprise.  I reported this issue to them a long time ago, but no action was ever taken.  I hope this bug report can be fully acknowledged and recorded without requiring any information from that team, because I doubt we'll be able to get it.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events