Bit Bucket login asking for 'Pick a username' Edited

When I try to go to the usual url for my bitbucket cloud, I get the following

Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 17.01.14.pngMy account definitely exists as I used it a couple days ago, and I have just push code to my repository. 

Any help would be appreciated

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Charlene! We've been able to reproduce this issue and our development team has been working into a fix. You should be able to login now following the steps:

1. Browse id.atlassian.com and logout if there's any open sessions
  2. Clear your browser cache and cookies
  3. Browse bitbucket.org and click Login, you'll be redirected to id.atlassian.com. Proceed to enter your Atlassian ID email address and password which you use to login with Bitbucket. 

If after this you're still experiencing problems, please let us know so we can contrinue helping you!

Best regards,

Ana

I'm having the same issue, and the steps outlined here did not resolve it. 

I'm running Fedora 26 (4.11.10), and tried logging in using Chromium (Version 59.0.3071.104), Opera (46.0.2597.46), and a fresh install of Firefox (54.0) with no change in behavior. Each time I log in I'm redirected to https://bitbucket.org/socialauth/signup

Disregard previous message: I was able to log in using the google account integration.

Glad to hear that, Jonathan :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Tuesday in Bitbucket

Upgrade Best Practices

Hello! My name is Mark Askew and I am a Premier Support Engineer for products Bitbucket Server/Data Center, Fisheye & Crucible. Today, I want to bring the discussion that Jennifer, Matt, and ...

162 views 3 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you