Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Bitbucket build minutes assigned per user or per Team for Standard License?

Saarang Tiwari September 30, 2021

My question is regarding Bitbucket Pricing.

If I go for a Standard License and I have 5-7 users. Then will I get 2500/month per license i.e

5 * 2500 / month minutes?

or 2500 / month per Team?

Also, I am a bit confused by:

/ user / month starting price

Does it mean if I buy Standard, I will have to pay 3$ only or 3$ per user?

Could anyone please help me with this?

Thank you!

2 answers

1 vote
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2021

Hi @Saarang Tiwari 

Welcome to the community!

First the topic of pricing  - For standard you pay $3 per user per month. As you add the no of users to the workspace, the billing per month would keep getting added.

Build minutes are minutes executing a pipeline on a runner, excluding time acquiring a runner. They’re the minutes when your pipeline status is “In progress”.

Each Bitbucket plan comes with a set number of monthly build minutes. Its cacluated at the account level and is not on a per user basis.

Read more about build minutes in Bitbucket Pipelines here.

Cheers

Ajay

Saarang Tiwari September 30, 2021

Thank you for your response.

Just to clarify:

We are a small team (<10), will we have to buy 1 standard account License?

As it gives unlimited users within the team. Also, 2500 build minutes/month.

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2021

Hi @Saarang Tiwari ,

In Bitbucket Cloud a billing plan is associated with a workspace: when someone upgrades their plan to Standard or Premium, they upgrade it for a specific workspace.

If you upgrade a workspace to the Standard plan, you pay a monthly flat rate of $15 if the workspace has up to 5 users with access to this workspace's repos. For every additional user with access to this workspace's repos (6th, 7th etc user) you pay an additional $3 per month, so if the workspace has 7 users with access, you pay $21 per month.

If the repositories your team is working on are owned by one workspace, you can upgrade this one workspace.

Regarding build minutes, it is 2500 minutes / month for all repositories owned by the workspace on the Standard plan.

E.g. let's say you have a workspace https://bitbucket.org/my-workspace on the standard plan.

Repository https://bitbucket.org/my-workspace/repo-1 uses 400 build minutes for a billing period
Repository https://bitbucket.org/my-workspace/repo-2 uses 700 build minutes for the same billing period

These both count towards the workspace's 2500 build minutes. If these are the build minutes used by the end of the billing period, then your workspace's usage is 400+700=1100 build minutes.

If the workspace is on the Standard or Premium plan and you go over your build minutes, we'll automatically add 1,000 additional build minutes for that billing cycle for $10.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to let us know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events