cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any fix Browser refreshing constantly?

David Chiles August 23, 2019

Server: Windows Server 2016
Bit Bucket: 6.5.1 (no addons/apps)

Using the browser locally on the server there is no issue but its not desirable. 

All Users remoting onto the server to view the repositories for example are receiving constant browser refreshes every 2 seconds.  This prevents any actual use of the page at all as controls are reset also.

Has anyone got a fix for this?  Have rried Chome, IE, Firefox -also fully updated them.

Regards,

DaveC

2 answers

0 votes

Thanks for the response.  No apps installed.  The only other extra thing installed is Jira but its not configured/used.

Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2019

Hi David,

Hm, this plus the fact that everything seems to work fine when using a browser on the server suggests that there's a component on your network that might be injecting JavaScript on the fly, such as a transparent proxy server or a security appliance, or perhaps some security software running on each workstation.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

We definitely don't have anything that does that.  However that gave me an idea.

Turns out that one of my many Add-Ins is doing something that is causing this refresh.  Opening Chrome in Icongnito/Safe mode works.  (chrome.exe --incognito).

I will post back when I figure out what add-in we share as it might help someone else.

I am suspecting Sophos at the moment as they are all different browsers and therefore different add-ins.  In fact Edge has none at all!

Thanks

DaveC

David Chiles August 25, 2019

Still not resolved i'm afraid..

Looks as if the incognito thing was a red herring, doesn't matter what browser I am using either.  

Our network definitely has no packet/java injection enabled, I have checked with Systems.

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2019

Hi Dave,

This isn't normal obviously, and I've seen this caused by installed apps before (in Bitbucket Server). I'd first ensure that all apps are up to date, and if the problem persists, disable the apps one by one to find out which one is causing this problem.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events