Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anonymous users can't create issues in issue tracker

hottbox April 6, 2023

I created a PUBLIC demo/test repository.

I enabled the issue tracker as PUBLIC with the checkbox enabled to allow anonymous users to create issues.

However, when accessing https://bitbucket.org/hottbox/public.repo.test/issues as a not-logged-in user and clicking the button "Create issue", I will be prompted to login...

I tried to login with my google account, but that doesn't work either:
In the end "We can't let you see this page" is displayed.

So what is the trick to allow anonymous users to create issues in the Bitbucket Cloud issue tracker (not JIRA!)?

Thanks in advance!...

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2023

Hi @hottbox,

Bad actors have recently targeted public issue trackers by posting spam. As a precautionary measure, we have temporarily disabled non-workspace users' ability to create issues on any public issue tracker.

To address the issue, we will be introducing a new way of submitting issues by anonymous users to ensure that spammers can't use the issue tracker as a viable target. We don't have an exact ETA on when this will be rolled out to all workspaces.

I will give you an update here once this change is released.

Regards,
Mark C

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

@Mark C thanx for this update! Any blog from Atlassian about this? 

0 votes
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2023

@Theodora Boudale FYI

Do you know if a request has been raised for this? Can't find anything on jira.atlassian

QlusterIT April 19, 2023

I have the same issues with my repositories since a few weeks:

Atlassian Support

hottbox April 22, 2023

Unfortunately I have no access to your linked issue.

I neither didn't find an issue for that nor can I create one for Bitbucket Cloud :-(

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2023

@hottbox why you can't create? Are you on free plan?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events