Alternative ways of browsing git repository?

We just starting using Stash in our company.

I was wondering if there is only one way to browse a git repository in Stash, or is it possible to brows it like the "cgit-way" or like Subversion webdav interface?

Per A.

2 answers

1 accepted

Well if you look at https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/it gives you a kind of traditional folder like structure of the file in the repository with some detail info about each file.

Also if you look at a Subversionwebdav interface it gives you a clean simple view withoput any extra fuss around it.

But I guess what it boils down to is that I need to get used to the Stash interface. So I guees we can close this question.

0 votes
Jason Hinch Atlassian Team Mar 17, 2014

Your two options for browsing a repository in Stash are the Stash UI or cloning the repository and browsing the source code locally.

Out of interest what are you looking for in terms of a 'cgit-style' interface?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

687 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot