Accessing Bitbucket Server Over Network

Wahid Hameed May 22, 2016

Hi

I have setup Bitbucket server on my server, i can access it using the ip address and the port number 7990 of the server on the server browser. The problem is that i can not access bitbucket server on the client pc browser even though the server and the client pc are on the same network.

I have setup the rules in the firewall.

Help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

If anyone needs more information, feel free to ask. 

2 answers

0 votes
will_veredus December 5, 2016

Hi Wahid,

Hope you have found the solution.

I was trying to do the same thing, i.e. setting up one of the PC (PC01) in the work network as the server and accessing it from other PCs (PCXX).

The missing step could be the proxy settings in your client PC browser. You will have to set the proxy server settings to the IP address of the server and enter the port number you used. You should now be able to access the server with the base URL.

All the best in your work!

0 votes
Rich Duncan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2016

Assuming the obvious stuff is taken care of, like the servers up, and you can ping the server from your PC, either firewall or SELinux settings 

Wahid Hameed May 22, 2016

Yeh the server is up and running, the server is running Windows. I have pinged the server using the server ip address i get response back from the ping. I have also setup the firewall rules. I can access the Bitbucket server for example using 10.0.0.1:7990 on the server machine and it works the Bitbucket login page is display. The problem is when using the ip address and port number on a different machine on the same network.

Thanks for the quick response 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events