cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to empty Bitbucket Cloud workspaces will be lost

UTKARSH July 2, 2024

Clarification Request on Atlassian Community Notification

Dear Bitbucket Support Team,

I'm writing to seek clarification on a notification (as clearly asked by Buket above) I received from the Atlassian Community in my inbox this morning.

As previously mentioned and to reiterate, I am under the impression that there are no inactive workspaces in my account, as all are currently in active use. Could you please provide detailed explanations regarding the enquiries mentioned above?

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best Regards,

Utkarsh

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2024

G'day @UTKARSH !

Thank you for contacting Bitbucket Cloud Support.

The vast majority of targeted workspaces are empty personal workspaces.

I can see that the workspace that is being targeted for you is an empty personal workspace (0 repositories) that is associated with your user account. Personal workspaces are obsolete, are not explicitly tied to your user account and are therefore no longer required for logging in to the platform. Its deletion will not affect your ability to login to your user account or affect your existing access.

You do have access to a non-empty Premium workspace (starts with A, has 3 repositories) that is tied to your user account, this will not be removed.

If you still want to prevent your empty personal workspace from being deleted, you can access it directly and create a single repository inside it so that it is no longer empty and, therefore, not targeted for deletion.

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

UTKARSH July 4, 2024

Thanks Ben for clarification.

To attain crystal clarity on the matter, I request you to confirm me on the below queries:

1. To my current Bitbucket user account on which I received the mail intimation, I can see two workspaces in overall on hovering to my avatar, namely:

a) aa**-cca**-sm, this is a non-empty premium one containing an active repo and I want this to stay intact as it is.

b) UTKA***, personal workspace which has no repo, not sure though about its creation

So, my first question, as per mail, the empty one, which is b) UTKA*** would only be erased, if am getting it right?

2. Second query: Do you recommend creating any dummy repo in my personal workspace, namely, UTKA*** to prevent deletion?

It has nothing to do with the repo within the first workspace, right, despite sharing the same username for this Bitbucket Acct? Am I getting it right?

Awaiting your detailed responses on both of my queries. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Utkarsh

Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2024

Hi UTKARSH,

Correct, the personal workspace with name UTK**** is the workspace that will be targeted, not the paid workspace with repos present.

Deletion of that workspace will have no effect on your account, even though they share the same username - personal workspaces were separated from user accounts when we made personal workspaces obsolete some time ago. It's up to you whether you wish to keep it regardless by creating a dummy repo, but its deletion won't affect your access in any way.

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

Like UTKARSH likes this
UTKARSH July 5, 2024

Well, thank you very much for the explanation.

0 votes
Answer accepted
UTKARSH July 5, 2024

Just a feedback from my end:

I feel that the email could have been better phrased to make it easier to identify the workspaces.

However, now, I understand that All Workspaces, being not a unique identifier, is the sole reason of mentioning the Workspace ID (also visible on the relevant workspace's URL in the address bar) in the intimation from the community. 

That being said, it did create a little panic on the first glance but now out of any sort of dubiousness. 

Cordially,

Utkarsh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events