Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Bitbucket Server with Sourcetree

Admin IGT Creative October 29, 2018

Hello,

We use a local deployment of Bitbucket and we access via http://192.168.1.201:7990.

My admin access works fine into Bitbucket Server and Sourcetree but I've got an issue with a new user created in Bitbucket server.

This user can't log in Sourcetree and Bitbucket Server. We have this error message:
"Failed to check login for user [sphlix]: You do not have permission to access URL 'http://192.168.1.201:7990/rest/api/1.0/users/sphlix' please check the user credentials associated with this account. The request returned with status code 'Unauthorized'."

Can you help me, please ?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Admin IGT Creative November 6, 2018

The problem was a space in the username used for the connection.

Thanks for your help.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2018

Glad you figured that out!

0 votes
Peter Ntende January 10, 2019

Have experience this issue, with new users, with the latest versions of  SourceTree. It happens for  Windows based  new users. 

As a workaround,  when you can log into the on premise  Bitbucket Server, create a new repository and  choose to clone with Sourcetree. This will activate the user account in Sourcetree. 

Hopefully this will be fixed soon

farhinfahiba January 15, 2020

It works... Thanks.

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2018

Hi Julien, welcome to the Community!

Can you confirm the steps you're following? Is this issue happening during the registration of Sourcetree, or during the connection of your Bitbucket Server account?

If this is happening during the registration, can you double check you're using the Bitbucket Server option?

If the issue still continues, please send us a screenshot so we can continue helping you solve this :) 

Cheers!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events