Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 GB above commits are rejected

Happenbox April 3, 2023

We are getting this error on pushing to repo. 

remote: Repository is over the size limit (4 GB) and will not accept further additions.

I cant find a solution.

Can support help please?

1 answer

0 votes
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

Hello @Happenbox ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Let me escalate this to Atlassian to see if they can perform garbage collection. 

Happenbox April 3, 2023

@Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_  Thank you... I'll wait for an update

Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2023

Gday @Happenbox !

I have just executed a garbage collection against your remote repository - it has reduced in size from 4.0GB to 1.4GB.

Would it be possible for you to check it on your end (by navigating to your Repository > Settings) and see if that has helped?

We want to inform you that we do have a Feature request to provide the option to run the GC from the end-user GUI. This way you need not raise a community ticket and wait for the support person to run the GC on your behalf:

I would suggest you "Watch" this ticket for future updates from our Dev team.

NOTE: You and your colleagues will need to perform a fresh clone of the repo before committing new changes, this is to prevent pushing back old refs and inflating the size again.

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

Happenbox April 4, 2023

@Ben Thank you for the update. I've followed your instructions and everything is back working now. 

I'll keep an eye on the jira ticket also.

Thanks again,

- Happenbox

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events