Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you use the Bitbucket-Jira integration? How does it help your team?

Ash Moosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2021

Hey everyone, over the past year, we've added several new features on how you can use Bitbucket and Jira together.

We'd love to know how you are using the integration and how it's helping your team.

Ash

3 comments

Barry Robertson August 9, 2021

What is the REST API to use in order to retrieve the JIRA issue resulting from a click of the "create JIRA issue" link on a particular comment of a Bitbucket pull request?  I see a POST by which to create an issue.  Is there a corresponding GET that I'm missing?   See this more detailed question.

Like Alpha Strike likes this
Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2021

I have a Project Lead on one team who is currently responsible for code reviews for all the engineers on that team.

We're also experimenting with Confluence pages to help aggregate "all my stuff" across both Jira and Confluence. This is a personalized "dashboard" page showing:

• the Jira Projects and issue that user is assigned to
  • unchecked Action Items for that user in Confluence pages
  • open Pull Requests in Bitbucket

(The Jira issues exclude issues "in the Backlog" -- that is, issues with that Status, and issues not in any active Sprints.)

Here is the JQL we use to construct the "open pull requests" content: 

assignee = "135790abcdef135790abcdef" AND project in ("ABC","XYZ") AND status = "Review" and development[pullrequests].open > 0

Our process also includes having issues in the "Review" status when there is a PR pending. If you don't have that status, delete that part of the query.

I'm planning on an article soon that illustrates this experiment, but this discussion seemed like a good opportunity for a sneak preview of this portion of the dashboard page.

Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2021

Note that Bitbucket already has an area showing Open Pull Requests for a user, which is great.

My point here is the aggregation of that content along with user-specific content from Jira and Confluence into a single page.

Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 17, 2021

Cancel my brilliant idea for an Atlassian Community article related to this (as I mentioned above), thanks to this Confluence Cloud bug.

Peter Zeller August 17, 2021

It would be really useful if that stuff actually worked. But even if I create a bitbucket branch from the Jira ticket, there is no link in Jira. Only pipelines are correctly linked between Bitbucket and Jira.

Like seanaty likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events