Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REST API to get JIRA issue created from Bitbucket pull-request comment?

Barry Robertson August 9, 2021

What I need to do is retrieve the JIRA issue created via the "Create issue" option in a pull request's comment  

example.PNG

This seems to be related to Bitbucket / JIRA integration.

I saw an almost similar post but it wasn't quite the same:  (it is retrieving the issues for which commits were made).  It seems to use this API.

I would expect to need to pass the comment ID to an API and get it somehow but can't find the option.  An option to create the issue is here with a POST.  I expected a related GET.

Thank you.  Hopefully you can point me to what I missed.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Maciej Adamczak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2021

Hi @Barry Robertson 

You should be able to request the Pull Request comment using the "/comments" resource by using the comment ID .e.g:

/rest/api/1.0/projects/{projectKey}/repos/{repositorySlug}/pull-requests/{pullRequestId}/comments/{commentId}

The response will contain the "properties" map with the "issues" key, e.g.:

{
"properties": {
"repositoryId": 1234,
"issues": ["JIRAKEY-123"]
}
// The rest of the response
}

The "issues" field might be undefined if there are no Jira issues created for the comment:

{
"properties": {
"repositoryId": 1234,
}

// The rest of the response
}

Link to docs for "comments" resource: https://docs.atlassian.com/bitbucket-server/rest/7.14.0/bitbucket-rest.html#idp331

Please be aware that the documentation page doesn't reference the "issues" field.

Thanks,

Maciej Adamczak
Atlassian Developer

Barry Robertson August 11, 2021

Thank you so much, @Maciej Adamczak!

Like Maciej Adamczak likes this
Barry Robertson August 12, 2021

@Maciej Adamczak , would you happen to know the corresponding answer for Crucible?  I have the Bitbucket one working per your suggestion but now need to address Crucible reviews.  I saw this https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC-7902 issue but a suggested workaround there wasn't quite the answer I need.   Thanks again for the pointer on Bitbucket..

Maciej Adamczak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2021

Sorry, but I don't know how that works in Crucible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events