Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating Repository Access Control

jringer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 3, 2023

We are in the process of migrating to K8s. We would like to create a separate access key or token for each namespace per repository. For example:

App 1 (i.e., in namespace 1) has read only access to repository A using key/token α.

App 1 (i.e., in namespace 1) has read write access to repository B using key/token ß.

App 2 (i.e., in namespace 2) has read only access to repository A using key/token δ.

App 2 (i.e., in namespace 2) has read write access to repository B using key/token ∞.

We would like to automate the creation of these keys/tokens in Argo Workflows, which we are using for CI. We would like to automate the rotation of these keys/tokens, but currently the focus is creation.

I opened a ticket with support recently and they pointed me to this feature request. The request only has 3 votes so I'm not expecting it to be implemented anytime soon. Is there another way I should be going about this?

Not a today problem, but for context we also would like to automate rotation of keys/tokens. Alternatively, if we could automate access control using short lived tokens that could work too, then no need to rotate.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events